Friday, February 3, 2012

Ghost Tour in Edinburgh...

photo.JPG

I love a good ghost story. Don't get me wrong - I scare very, very easily (Muckalucks if you are reading this, you already know how loudly I can scream!) but for some reason I still like being a little bit scared. I like horror movies & spooky stories, I just generally don't sleep well for a week after. Anyway, we decided to take a ghost tour of Edinburgh one night while we were there 'cos lets face it, what else would you want to do when it's 0 degrees outside except walk around outside for an hour or so at night?
It was good fun, Jon was a volunteer in a little act for the group & was given 30 lashings!  Hilarious! I giggled myself stupid & took photo after photo..

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

We ended up in the city's underground vaults which was very spooky and haunted by numerous ghosts including the hideously named... wait for it... The Watcher. Oh. My. God. Not the butcher, or the strangler or anything gorey, just The Watcher. I was ready to go then, I was seriously spooked by the idea that I was being watched the whole time I was I there (what a weakling I am). I managed to live to tell the tale though & did not sight one ghost that night so obviously they are smarter than us and don't venture out on a freezing winter night. 

1 comment:

  1. As long as the dead don't open their eye's and you don't have to jump into your fathers lap.

    ReplyDelete