Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Workaway -Borris House

For our first workaways we spent eleven days at Borris House in the little town of Borris (I think the population was about 500) It was a stunning property, stretching 650 acres and it was lovely to escape the bustle of the city for a while. We helped prepare for and run two Christmas events (I had the privilege of dressing as an elf for FOUR days! ) helped to round up sheep and lots of other little jobs around the farm.

For more info on Workaway, click here

photo.JPG
The main house

photo.JPG
Church on Borris House grounds, services are still held here on Sundays

photo.JPG

photo.JPG
Santa's train, or as they would say here 'Santi's train'

photo.JPG
Wandering through the beautiful grounds

photo.JPG
Roast Pork Rolls at the Christmas fair

photo.JPG
The front entrance

photo.JPG
Our little cottage (jono mocking my 'pin leg' pose I tend to do in many photos. I don't know why)

photo.JPG
I think I found my calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment