Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's a nice day for a Guinness...

Jon had been looking forward to visiting the Guinness Storehouse, also known as the "Disneyland for beer lovers", in Dublin, and whilst I was more interested in looking for a cosy cafe for afternoon tea, I must admit it was much, much better than I had been expecting. We spent a good few hours there (and ate a deeeelish Beef & Guinness stew - feed me and I'm happy), poured our own pint of Guinness (which I completely destroyed due to trying to draw a shamrock in the foam whilst pouring! Oh this stubborn Dickinson streak will never cease to make me look like a fool) and learnt plenty about the process of making and history of Guinness.

Ok so enough chatter, here are the pics...

photo.JPG

photo.JPG
Having a wee taster

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG
In his element

photo.JPG
Ok so mine wasn't perfect, but I still got a certificate!

1 comment:

  1. surely they would have participation certificates!!

    ReplyDelete