Friday, March 9, 2012

6 months in - the downside of extended travel...

photo.JPG

{i had another post planned for today but i wanted to share a journal entry that may balance this blog a little. without doubt, this trip is full of the most incredible experiences, but like everything in life, there are good days and bad days...}

Today I feel unsettled. I'm not too good at sitting still, at being unproductive. My mind overflows with ideas, plans and anticipation for what's next. Sometimes I itch to put these ideas and plans into action. Sometimes I feel stuck. I am so grateful for this incredible experience that we are having, but some days I feel sad. Some days I am grumpy and tired. Some days I just want to be home, surrounded by friends and family and familiar things. Some days I don't want to pull out the map, board the plane/train, pack up my backpack for the zillionth time.... and then I feel guilty because this is what I wanted - this is what I dreamed about, saved for and counted down the HOURS for. I'm not ungrateful. I know how lucky I am.

I think I'm just homesick.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Cass, you really not missing much here. Seriously. You sap up all that you are doing there cause it will be a time you will go back to in your thoughts for the rest of your life. Tell that homesick feeling to go away cause home can wait and we are so joyfully happy that you are both out there Travelling this world, and living in the moment. And your ideas and passions, I am sure will be put to great use, in time. Love Rex. Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks rexy :) I actually thought I would be more homesick than I have been, it always passes pretty quickly. After I posted this I was feeling better but thought that this blog has been all 'beer and skittles' as dad would say and thought it was good to show the other side too :) miss you guys like crazy, but not ready to come home yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear.

    This is so funny because just the other day I joked to your Dad about that way he was always said that saying...."beer and skittles" and HE said he hardly ever said that!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha.

    xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha at is hilarious!!! I always say to Jon "as Dad always say, it's not all beer and skittles!" he says it as much as he says "at the end of the day" I thik he's getting old! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete