Sunday, January 8, 2012

I think I'm in a Harry Potter movie?

Well Edinburgh turned out to be my favourite city so far. Walking through the streets you felt as though you had stepped back a couple of hundred years in time. Little cobbled alleyways linked the larger streets & Edinburgh Castle loomed above. Edinburgh was the 'birthplace' of Harry Potter and I've no doubt that a huge amount of inspiration for places described in the books was drawn from this city - somedays I felt as though I were in Diagon Alley! We even went to a cafe where JK used to write! 

photo.JPG

(sorry in advance for all the building photos - couldn't help myself!)

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG
Did we dare??

photo.JPG
Oh yes we did!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos of these unreal buildings....could imagine feeling like being in the world of Harry Potter.

    What did the mars bars taste like???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was quite nice, but I couldn't eat it all as I felt my arteries hardening with every bite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying with jealousy.... alot. ja

    ReplyDelete